Below is a listing of benefits squads and their members are eligible for as members of the Emergency Medical Services Council of New Jersey/New Jersey State First Aid Council. The EMSCNJ/NJSFAC website www.njsfac.org is an excellent resource for obtaining information on these benefits
The following benefits are provided for the members of the EMSCNJ / NJSFAC:
- Free CEUs for EMTs through subscription to the Gold Cross Magazine. Free CEU Classes at the Annual Symposium and Trade Show in October.
- Public Relations person available to assist squads with projects involving squad newspaper articles, recruitment material, etc. There is also a “Media Kit” available for use by member squads and districts.
- Monitors and reviews all legislation and proposed regulatory actions that can have an impact on the Council’s member squads.
- Council represents our membership on the: NJ State Planning Group for Homeland Security, Homeland Security Critical Infrastructure Emergency Services Sector Working Group, NJ State Highway Traffic Safety Advisory Council, NJ EMS Advisory Council, EMT Training Fund, 911 Commission, NJ Fire and EMS Institute and the NJ Council on Volunteerism.
- Ambulance and Membership Training Standard Inspections are provided to District member squads to maintain ambulance and training compliance to ensure a high quality of EMS service throughout the state.
- An Annual Conference is held, where all members can attend, with vendors presenting new and available products. The largest number of BLS CEU classes of any NJ conference are offered and important information is provided on various subjects.
- Council maintains communication with other statewide EMS groups outside of New Jersey.
- A Member Directory (on line) provides all important contact information on all member squads, state and federal agencies, as well as relevant legislation that has been passed.
- Scholarships are available for Cadets, Advanced Nursing Professions, and Paramedic training.
Check out the Benefits section below for $ savings such as: Product and Event Discount Eligibility (www.workingadvantage.com, www.dell.com/eppbuy, ID’s through VP), Deborah Heart and Lung Agreement (as seen Council website) for Council Members (www.deborah.org) , Affinity Credit Union Banking (www.affinityfcu.org/join/njsfac.html/) , Home/Auto/Disability/Vision & Hearing Aid Plan Insurance Programs and Savings, Fairleigh Dickinson – Discounted College Tuition (See Council website).
Monitor the Council’s Education Page, Legislation Page, Major Events Page, Members Benefits Page and more at www.njsfac.org. The Council is continually looking for and reviewing additional member benefits. Information is welcome on products and/or benefits that might be available for our members. If you have information, pleasecontact your District VP.
All squad members listed on their squad’s Council reports are encouraged to request to be added to the Council’s Broadcast List.